1. Keep Calm and Fall in Love. When the relationship isn’t rushed and it takes the characters a while to fall in love.
2. Girl Power. When the girl is badass and doesn’t wait for the guy to take the first step.
3. LGBTQAI. When the romance isn’t necessarily between a guy and a girl.
4. Go Spartans! When the couple fights because real relationships ain’t perfect!
5. The Day After. When they make up after a fight.
1. Too much. When they’re too clingy. Like really, you don’t really need your boyfriend to go to the bathroom with you.
2. Make-out session every chapter. Okay stop, you’re gonna fill his lungs with your saliva!
3. Exaggerating feelings. When they say jewels like “I can’t live without you” to each other and there’s an “I love you” every single page of the damn book.
4. Love triangles. Who likes to share?
5. SHIT IT BURNS! All the guys in YA literature are way too hot to handle. Where are the regular/real guys at?